Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Hunter Arrives!







ALL THE DETAILS:

Baby Boy Benson has officially arrived! He made his way into the world on August 2nd, 2009 at 7:02 in the evening. He weighed 8lbs 1oz, measured 19 inches long and is named Hunter Dean Whitman Benson. He is named after Dustin's dad, Randy Dean and my Grandpa, George Whitman.






HOW HE ARRIVED:

Dustin and I were leaving the house to run to the hardware store and my water broke. It was completely unexpected! We didn't think Hunter would get here until the 7th. I believe Hunter knew that mommy was ready! :) After some frantic roaming around the house, we called the doctor who told us to start heading for the hospital. When we got there the nurse did another ultra sound and he was still head up. They scheduled the c-section to start at 6:30 pm. I made it through a few hours of what is considered light contractions and then they wheeled me into the operating room with husband in his scrubs. It was very nerve racking, yet so exciting. It took them about 22 minutes to get little Benson here! We brought our perfect, little, bundle of joy home on Wednesday, August 5th.



THE HAPPY FAMILY:

Hunter is doing wonderfully! He's completely healthy and soooo handsome (just like daddy)! Dustin and I are loving being parents. Dustin has been on leave since the second and goes back to work this Friday. Hunter and I will miss him (especially me, considering he helps so much with the night time shifts)! We are both adjusting and figuring out the hard way what works and which cry is which. It has been a tiring and eventful last few weeks, but completely worth every second!
I am feeling great. I go to the doctor on Thursday so they can check the incision and tell me if I'm healing correctly. Dustin and I both anxious for things to slow down around our busy busy home, but the chaos is sure to continue for the next couple of weeks! One thing is certain; we have never been happier!






1 comment: